POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Loss of Color in 3.7 ??? : Re: Loss of Color in 3.7 ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loss of Color in 3.7 ???
From: clipka
Date: 10 May 2011 07:27:29
Message: <4dc92121$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.05.2011 09:08, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> "Warp"<war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  schreef in bericht
>>   It should not be an issue with the latest release candidate, unless
>> he explicitly wrote a "#version 3.7" a the beginning of the scene file.
>>
>>   Either he is using an older beta, or there's something else going on.
>
> Even with #version 3.7 and assumed_gamma 1.0 statements, it might still be
> an issue if his screen is badly gamma calibrated I believe.

Just to clarify a few things:

- POV-Ray 3.7 RC3 defaults to #version 3.7 and assumed_gamma 1.0, so it
makes no difference whether you explicitly specify those or not. On the
other hand it /does/ make a difference whether you specify #version 3.6
or not: POV-Ray 3.7 does /not/ default to 3.6 compatibility.

- To get the same result as with 3.6 defaults, specifying #version 3.6
and/or assumed_gamma 2.2 is the way to go.

- Any influence of display calibration can be ruled out here, as it
would have the same effect in 3.7 as it did in 3.6.